City Center Village is an elegant, senior independent living community designed with seniors in mind. We offer our residents a carefree, luxurious lifestyle, all for one all-inclusive affordable monthly fee that is very price competitive with all north Alabama communities. There are three spacious floor plans to choose from, one of which is sure to suit your needs. Located in the heart of the historic district of Decatur, City Center Village provides comfort, convenience, and peace of mind, in an at-home atmosphere.
Shopping is a little more than a stone’s throw away with boutiques and shops in the Historic District, and more formal shopping is nearby on the Beltline. An amphitheater, historic bank, and park are all just steps away from your front door. For the outdoors enthusiast, City Center is near the Tennessee River, Point Mallard and other outdoor destinations. Art galleries, museums, and other cultural offerings are situated nearby.
City Center Village is proud to be located in the Decatur area where quality healthcare is always accessible. Whether you are a single person wanting to be near friends and have the peace of mind the senior community offers, or a married couple yearning to escape the rigors of maintaining a house and yard, City Center Village has something to offer everyone. Our residents enjoy the freedom and privacy of their own apartments on a very affordable basis. Our mission at City Center Village is simple: Our desire and plan are for our residents to be happy and comfortable in their homes with us. We want you to live life to the fullest, confident in the knowledge that our caring staff will be here to address whatever needs and concerns may arise.
What is the difference between Assisted Living and Independent
- Senior Independent Living communities are less expensive than
Assisted Living communities and rent are all-inclusive.
- Caters to seniors usually 55 and up who are still independent
with few medical problems and need very little assistance with
their daily needs.
- They can ambulate independently or with the assistance of a
cane, walker, or wheelchair.
- They can provide their own daily hygiene and administer their
own medication or with help from a contracted agency, home
health/hospice agency, family member, or sitter.
- Residents live in private apartments and have weekly
- A variety of apartment sizes are available from studios to two
- Fine dining services are offered with 3 meals a day
- Residents are free to come and go as they please and can have
overnight guests. They may own their own vehicle and still drive.
- Transportation is provided for numerous social outings, events
, and appointments for those who do and do not drive. Activities
are provided daily.
- There is staff on-site 24/7 in case a medical emergency arises.
- Assisted Living communities are much more expensive than
Senior Independent Living Communities because you are paying
for 24/7 in-house and medical assistance.
- Suggested for seniors who are no longer able to live
independently and safely on their own but do not meet the
criteria for a higher level of nursing home care.
- They have licensed medical staff that administers medications,
provide assistance with activities of daily living, bathing, meals
- Three meals per day are provided and the resident is usually
required to come to the central dining area.
- Residents live in private apartments which usually have very
limited kitchen access.
- Staff is available 24 hours per day for additional safety.
- The hours fluctuate for visitation in Assisted Living.
- Social activities and scheduled transportation are also available
in most Assisted Living communities.
- Special units for Alzheimer’s residents are available in some
Assisted Living Facilities.